Tuesday, February 10, 2015

AGE OF WUSHU: How Me and My Darling Met!

Photoshopped picture of me as Emei and Alex as Beggar
from Beggar Sect
It’s not unusual for Filipina women and American men (or vice versa) to date online. I mean, there’s a lot of dating websites online that allows people from different parts of the world to get to know other people of different races and cultures, and elevate that online friendship into something more profound like Love.

But me and my darling have a different story. It was an online game Age of Wushu from Snail Games that started it all. I played as an Emei/Palace Girl (IGN ChingMei to WinterAngel) and there’s this player from the Sect of Beggars whom I despised the most. His name was Canisjacens


Being the all-friendly, nice, bubbly girl online, I tend to make friends with anyone. Seems like everyone loves ChingMei. That all-loving and caring Head-Master of the Emei School and WinterAngel, that ever helpful Floral Palace senior who never attack anyone. True that I love friendly people. But when this beggar was introduced to me, he is so cold and unfriendly. He treated me coldly even after helping him kill his toon when it was being hacked. I always see this beggar as ungrateful and boastful individual who wouldn’t care for others apart from himself. And then, we ended up being Vice Leaders in Wanderlust guild created by a mutual friend JinJoo. JinJoo, being the leader of our guild is doing a little more extra effort in trying to make his Vice Leaders get along. In the back of my head, I said "Sorry Jinny, not gonna happen..."

JinJoo said that Canisjacens is very nice and friendly and I just can’t see that. So one time, while he was standing idle in some town, I went on PK-mode (Player-Kill) and attacked him. I didn’t intend to kill him but I would like to knock him down the roof he was standing at. Only to realize that he wasn’t really AFK (Away from Keyboard), counter-attacked me and eventually killing my lovely toon. I was so mad because I didn't intend to kill him but he killed me! (He wouldn't know that that time anyway, lol.)


We exchanged Private Messages’s (PM) for which things had gotten worse. But this beggar really, is someone I can’t get out of my mind. Whenever I’m online, I just have to check if he is too. And when he is, I would think a thousand times whether or not to send him a private message. Eventually though, I would. I won’t get into the details but long story short, we found each other being in a party and doing dailies together. 


Our feelings have grown stronger as days goes by. I couldn’t tell other people (my bestfriends Xuanwu, Dainbramage, Cheongnyong, Shadow9999, and Bebs) about who the mystery guy I’m dating IRL (In Real Life). I had to say “IRL” because I had been attached to someone in that game before and he just crushed my confidence and broke my heart a little bit. They don't want me to be doing the same mistake again.

JinJoo (Ray-Ray Lee IRL) We love you to
the moon and back!
JinJoo was right after all. Canisjacens is a sweet loving person who is reserved and who tend to do things alone. I already said in the past that online game love is BS but then I realized I’m starting to fall for him day after day. Until one day, when I had to leave our party to be with my close friends, he sounded a little bit jealous and I have been giggling ever since. 

This is the first chapter of our story. Very unusual yet very colorful. Canisjacens (Alexander Krause in real life), seems to be the one who I’m looking for all my life. The right guy, the perfect boyfriend, and my dream husband. We finally met in January of 2015 and we will be continuing to write our beautiful story. 

From Manila to Wisconsin, Happy Valentines Day Hun! :)





Other AOW Achievements:


Disclaimer: Some of the images in this post aren't mine. Credits go to whoever posted those images (Emei HM in battle & Couple on Double saddle).

6 comments:

  1. I enjoy reading this and congratulations!
    I also went and search up your guild Wanderlust seems like you guys don't play Wushu anymore? Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, we lay low a little bit because we saved up money to be able to see each other. We did prepare for our meetup and because of the distance, we have to focus on saving money. We login every now and then though. Thank you so much for your greetings! :) Belated HVD!

      Delete
  2. I managed to come here, I saw the story of Age of Wushu love story on my facebook timeline and I somehow really interested and click the link then voila, I was here. I gotta say this is Probably the funniest love story I've ever read. Can't stop laughing while reading 4th paragraph. Anyway congrats Chingmei & Canisjacens! Go Emei! Go Beggar's Sect! I hope both of you would make it to marriage. Wish u both the best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you! I wish I can thank you more appropriately and directly, but oh well, thanks again Anonymous! :D

      Delete
  3. Cai-(of-infinite-variations)February 18, 2015 at 2:43 PM

    Canis you sly dog!
    Glad to see these things can actually work out positively.

    (We all miss Jin-joo) ...ppl with hyphens have the coolest names ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. CAI!! ^_^

    Miss you, homie. Miss all of you guys! I still reminisce about Wushu and all of you crazy fun peeps. Huge hugs!

    ReplyDelete