Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Losing Weight Without Exercise - Gandara Advices!

Like I said on my previous post, I put the PRO in procrastination. I am one lazy girl who finds exercising another "work" on top of my already busy life. Yes, I juggle 2 jobs (1 main and 1 little sideline) in a daily basis and these jobs calls me to sit infront of my computer all the time.

With stress piling up, eating had become my escape. And with less physical activities, I grew bigger and bigger. Last time I checked my weight, I was at 95kg. But when I saw I'm hitting 120kg, I know I have to do something. I started feeling the consequences of being fat not only in my social life but also with my health. I have to do something but I just can't seem to like exercising. Similar to a child not wanting to eat his vegetables.


So I asked, is there another way? Apparently, all advice I saw online calls me to get my ass up and start working out. And that there's no replacement to actually breaking a sweat and melting those calories down. Ugh. But hey, it seems like there's another way. How about taking diet pills?

Diet Pills (?)

And so I did order some of these ever popular 'Bangkok Pills' that were believe to make you lose weight right off the bat. That stuff almost killed me! So I stopped taking it but I still wanted to lose weight with less effort. A friend of mine from Australia gave me a weightloss supplement. Its subtle and effective. Its called Liproxenol and I liked it. I lost a 3kg with one bottle but that's all I have. I'm from the Philippines and it would cost me fortune to get more bottles delivered to me from Australia. And that was only a gift. My friend who came from Australia is now settling in the country. 

Green Tea and Honey

So I looked for another way. What do you know, green tea and honey did the trick. Very common items we see in the grocery stores, very cheap compared to paying work out sessions and buying supplements. This green tea + honey combo did miracles to me. So despite of my taste bud not liking the bitter taste of the tea (I'm a coffee girl), honey is helping me gulp it down. Drinking tea saves me time and effort of exercising. I went that route so to speak.

I drink my tea twice a day plus 4-6 glasses of water a day. 8 glasses of water is too much for me. I just can't stick with that. I've noticed that when I started drinking my sweet tea, it suppresses my appetite a lot and I didn't have too much cravings on food. 

With a little bit of research online, I found out that green tea carries a lot of benefits. Some of which I'm interested in are antioxidants and how it boosts the metabolism. Ever since I started drinking it, my visit to the toilet becomes regular compared in the past. This means I'm digesting better and pushing toxins out of my body.


Will Power 

This right here is very important! If you don't have will power, then forget about it. My will power is not that strong but not that weak either. I still don't wanna be deprived of the foods I love eating. The key is moderation. I did try to stay away from commercial food and fast food, as well as avoided soda and too much sweets, and this right here helped a lot! I started to find healthy yet yummy alternatives to my cravings and there's a lot you can find on the internet and maybe I can share some of those here in my blog in the future. 

Rice 

I can't give up rice. No way. I tried doing the no rice challenge, I failed miserably. It just made me long and wanting to eat more rice. So I thought, why deprive myself of eating my white rice? I asked myself to pick among these two choices: 1) Give up rice and lose weight? or 2) Limit your rice to 1-2 cups a day and lose weight? 

Obviously, I chose option number 2. LOL. 

It might be way too little than what I used to consume in a daily basis but hey, atleast I'm not deprived of it. 


Lean Meat 

Lucky for me I'm not much of a pork and beef eater. I love my chicken and fish a lot. I do eat pork and beef but now I pick leaner meat. As for my chicken, I like it grilled and steamed. Even though I love fried chicken, I tried to minimize frying my chicken. I thought, I'm still eating my chicken anyway, it's just that its cooked differently. 


Fruits VS. Vegetables 

I never really grew up that much lol. I still dislike many vegetables. But I love fruits. So I ate lots of fruits and eating banana, the sweetness from the banana, more often satisfies my cravings for sweet. Oh, I like grapes a lot too. 





Chocolate 

Sigh... I love chocolates but I know this can be one heck of a culprit to weight gain. Whenever I crave for chocolate, this time I look for dark chocolate. Not too much but just enough for the cravings to go away. It has good benefits too... they say...



Cook at Home
This is very helpful to learn some recipes and cook them at your own place. It wasn't hard for me, I love to cook. So I know what I put in my food. I can then adjust some ingredients like sugar and salt so they won't add much to my weight. I free myself from the commercial food's preservatives and additives which can lead to weight gain and other unhealthy results.


Snacking 

If you have to snack during your tea time, might as well snack on those healthy bars. They are created for a reason. Or boil an egg and much on them. 


Mine are just suggestions. These what helped me lose weight in a way. It stashed a good 30kg off of my weight. But as you lose weight, losing more becomes a challenge. When you hit 80kg, you'll find it harder to lose weight as your body is getting used to the food you're eating. Plus that extra skin won't come off just by dieting. This is when exercise comes to picture. Now I do 15-30min treadmill running 3x a week (Do I need to remind you that I'm lazy?)

Bet you can do it better. Goodluck loves!


No comments:

Facebook Blogger Plugin by Safe Tricks

Post a Comment