Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Chicken Ala Playboy - Gandara Cooks!

Yeah, I know you'll ask why it was named like that. Beats me. But there was this carinderia (eatery) near my college dorm at De La Salle Dasma that I usually go into. After school, I go there and order their ever famous 'chicken ala playboy'. Oh! That carinderia's name is 'PlayBoy'. So I guess, that would make sense... 


Though you can't just go in a cafeteria and ask how they cook their food. So I have to eat it several times and dig deeper into the taste and flavors. Eureka, after several failed attempts, I have completed the recipe!

Fried Chicken is a common on-table meal for us Filipinos. Though the breast part, for some reason, is usually the last part that will be eaten. Don't fret. Here's my recipe for your fried chicken left overs!


Ingredients:
Fried Chicken, shredded (Here, I will use 2 huge breast parts but it doesn't really matter)
3 tablespoons of cooking oil
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 red onion, diced
1 green or red bell pepper, sliced into strips
1/2 cup Sweet Blend Ketchup
1/2 cup of Soysauce
1/2 cup of water
1 teaspoon of flour dissolve in 1/4 cup of water
1 teaspoon of ground pepper
salt to taste

Procedure:

Heat the oil in a pan. Like the usual, I don't saute the garlic and onions immediately. Put the ground pepper in so it's flavor would mix in the oil. After which, saute the garlic til golden brown. Add the onion and put the shredded chicken. Put the bell peppers in, add the 1/2 cup of water and mix them all together.

Cover and simmer for just about 2 minutes. After that, put the soy sauce in and the ketchup. I use sweet blend ketchup instead of tomato sauce so you don't have to add sugar in it. Add your flour mixture and bring it to boil for the sauce to thicken. Stir continuously.

I tend to put additional ground peppers at this point and some salt to taste. I can't really tell how much of the salt you need to add but taste it and if you find it a bit bland, just add some more. 

This recipe is so simple and you can have your Chicken Ala Playboy ready in less than 10minutes!

No comments:

Facebook Blogger Plugin by Safe Tricks

Post a Comment