Friday, January 2, 2015

Why Can D' Light? Why Gandara? - Gandara Explains!

I've been wanting to have a neat blog site for years now its just that in the past, it wasn't really a priority. Another thing is that, I have so many things I'm interested in that I can't seem to have a blog that will solely focus on one niche alone. But hey, its 2015 now. Maybe I can make it happen this time!

Just like any other bloggers, coming up with a blog name and a screen name can be quite challenging. Until one day, I saw in some YouTube DIY channel how the guy made a lamp using empty cans. It was probably a can of sardines or soup, I don't know. I would normally throw empty cans right away. However, he managed to make it useful and beautiful. That's where I got my inspiration. 

Now, to explain Can D' Light and Gandara:



Can D' Light
My interpretation of Can D' Light is quite different though. I have the symbols of can, candle, and light in my mind. Knowledge is light. And lighting up a candle brightens up the place. For me, its like being ready to welcome new ideas. As for a can, I don't know. LOL. Probably because I rarely leave my place to actually go out there and explore. But being confined inside my house most of the time (that feeling of being inside a can) won't stop me from learning new things. 


Gandara
Before I explain this part, let me LOL and LOL and LOL. Okay, so... "Ganda" simply translate to beautiful in Filipino language. I appended "-ra" to make it sound like "Sandara". An actual girl's name. Nothing serious really. We used to tease one co-worker in the past with this name. I find it really cute and funny. So I took it for myself and made it a screen name for this blog. My real name is Gem but everyone can call me Gandara :3


"Ang bango bango, ang bango bango, ang bango bango ng bulaklak...♫"
If you're a Filipino, you've probably heard this song before: Bulaklak by Viva Hotbabes. So, with the very tune of that line, I would normally sing it randomly like this:

"♪Ang ganda ganda, ang ganda ganda, ang ganda ganda ni Gandara~...♫"

Once again, LOL.

No comments:

Facebook Blogger Plugin by Safe Tricks

Post a Comment